One of my favorite winter holiday treats is the sugared candied pecan. BUT when it comes to fat loss, combining sugars (starch/carb) with a fat (nuts) it actually stops fat loss and increases fat storage! But I have developed an easy, clean recipe that allows you to enjoy candied almonds or pecans without the fat storage. 🙂
1 cup xylitol
1 T Cinnamon
1 T Pumpkin Pie Spice
Pecans or Almonds
1. Pre-heat oven to 275 degrees F.
2. In a small bowl, pour 2-3 egg whites and add 1 T of water. Whisk until mixture is frothy.
4. Pour a small amount of the egg mixture over the nuts and mix until well coated.
5. Use a slotted spoon to move the nuts from the medium bowl and place in the large xylitol bowl. Mix until the nuts are well coated.
7. Bake for about 1 hour, and then use a slotted spoon to place the nuts on a parchment paper and allow to cool. It may take overnight or longer to cool and completely set up. When removing the pecans, they will be sticky.
P.s. If you aren’t familiar with xylitol, over-consumption can cause cause gastric distress. So make sure to limit your intake 🙂