Hey everyone! It’s almost October and you know what that means?!?! Pumpkins!! Pumpkin EVERYTHING is hitting the shelves, restaurants and coffee shops.
My ‘once a year treat’ is a pumpkin scone and pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks. I literally only have one year, why? Because they are so jam packed full of sugar, calories and fat.
I’m all about taking something unhealthy and cleaning it up. You’ve probably read my earlier post about my new obsession with scones after a trip across the pond to Ireland.
And I’m obsessed with Pumpkin every fall, so why not combine the two??
So, here it is! Pumpkin Protein Scones!!
2 C. Quest Baking mix
1 1/2 Tbsp. Just like Sugar- Brown Sugar substitute
1 1/2 Tbsp. Stevia in the Raw
1 Tbsp. Baking Powder
1 Stick Butter
3 Tbsp. Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
1 Large Egg
1/2 C. Canned Pumpkin
1/2 C. Plain Fat Free Greek Yogurt
2 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
1 Tsp. Cinnamon
1 1/2 Tsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice
1/2 Tsp. Nutmeg
1/2 C. Stevia
1 Tbsp. Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
1/4 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
1. Mix together all of the dry ingredients.
2. Add the butter in slivers to the dry mix, I used a stand mixer.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients, all of the wet ingredients. It becomes a very creamy mixture, almost like pumpkin pie filling.
4. Use flour to coat a cutting board and have a small pile of flour to the side.
5. Coat your hands with flour, the dough is VERY sticky!!
6. Work the dough into a ball- this part is VERY messy.
7. Flatten the dough into a disc shape.
8. Transfer to a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
9. Use a pizza cutter to cut into 12 wedges.
10. Bake at 375 degrees for 15-18 minutes.
11. Top with icing, after it cools, if so desired.