Yes, you read that right! Red velvet meets healthy! Treat your sweetie to a Valentines treat that isn’t chocked-full of carbs and sugar crashes.
Healthy Red Velvet Protein Pancakes
2 cups oat flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 scoops vanilla protein powder
1 1/2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1/2 cup plain non-fat greek yogurt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons red liquid food coloring
- Sift together all of the first 7 ingredients and set aside.
- Then mix the remaining ingredients in a bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients to the bowl of the dry ingredients.
- Mix well with a spoon or a handheld electric mixer until smooth.
- Pour spoonfuls of batter (I used a 1/4 cup measuring cup) onto a warmed griddle or skillet that has sprayed with cooking spray.
- Cook until bubbles appear (3-4 minutes) and then flip.
- Serve with sugar free pancake syrup or eat plain. They are good either way!
- Note* This makes about 16 small pancakes, recipe can be halved!
Nutrition Info: calories 61, Total Fat 1 g, Total Carbohydrate 11 g, Dietary Fiber 1 g, Protein 4 g, Sugars 2 g
*Note if you use Stevia in place of Xylitol, the carbs and calories will be less!
Chicken and Broccoli Cheesy Casserole – Low Carb Recipe
3 cups cubed chicken
16 oz (1lb) bag of frozen broccoli
1 med onion diced (about 1 cup)
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 tsp garlic powder
1 cube chicken bouillon – I use the sodium free packets
1/2 cup water (optional, I added this to help disperse the chicken flavoring but the water from the veggies as they cook also would suffice if the dish seems too watery to you)
1 Tbsp olive oil or melted coconut oil
1/4 tsp pepper (or to taste)
1/4 c greek yogurt
1 cup ricotta
– Grease a 9 x 13 inch casserole pan
– Add broccoli, onion, chicken bouillon, water, olive oil and pepper to a medium frying pan. Cook covered for about 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
– In a medium bowl mix the chicken chunks, garlic powder, sour cream and ricotta cheese together. Mix till blended. After 10 minutes of cooking the veggies, pour the broccoli mix into the bowl with the chicken. Stir until blended.
– Add 1/4 c of the shredded mozzarella cheese to the mix. Stir.
– Transfer your mix to the greased pan and spread evenly.
– Add the remaining mozzarella cheese to the top and pop that baby in the oven!
– Bake at 350 degrees for 50 – 60 minutes. Once the top layer of cheese is browned a bit it should be done. If you like your broccoli on the softer side bake until the florets are to your liking.
If you’re looking for a delicious way to start your day and keep you full! Try my blueberry oatmeal! It’s LOADED with fiber, protein and nutrients to keep you satisfied and sustained. It’s sooo delicious, it tastes just like blueberry cobbler. I seriously can eat this every day!!
1/4 cup Oat Bran
1 scoop Dymatize Blueberry muffin flavored Protein Powder
1 tsp stevia
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
Mix all ingredients in a bowl with enough water to coat evenly. You don’t want too much water or it will make it soupy and you’ll have to keep reheating it until it sets up.
Microwave for 90-60 seconds.
Stir and microwave for 30 more seconds.
Allow to cool. And Enjoy!!
There’s something about winter that makes you want to stay in and bake! But sometimes that’s not the best thing for your waistline or your health. So I have been experimenting in the kitchen lately to try to make some new recipes that are fun and fat loss friendly. Because who says that fat loss has to taste bad? Def not me!!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Gluten Free- Flour Free- Low Sugar
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup stevia
1/2 tsp sea salt
2 tsp vanilla (because it makes everything better!)
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup 60% dark chocolate chips
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
Mix everything together, roll into balls and bake at 350 degrees F for 7-10 minutes.
Allow to cool on the sheet for about 5 minutes and then transfer to wire rack until completely cool and set up.
Who said that fat loss has to taste bad? And that you can’t have cookies?? Definitely not me! These are quick, easy to make and sooo delicious! They are a big hit with everyone. 🙂
Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Gluten Free – Dairy Free – Low sugar
• 1 Cup unsalted Almond Butter
• ¾ cup “Ideal” Brown sugar
• 1 large egg
• ½ teaspoon baking soda
• ¼ teaspoon sea salt
• 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
• 4oz 60% Cacao dark chocolate chips
• 1 Scoop Whey Vanilla Protein Powder (optional)
• Mix the first 5 ingredients together until blended, then stir in chocolate chips.
• Bake at 350 degrees F for 7 minutes.
• Allow to cool on sheet for 5 minutes before transferring.
• Allow to cool on wire rack for 15 minutes.
On chilly winter days, nothing is better than a bowl of chili! Try out this recipe! It’s hubby approved! 🙂
In 4-Quart pot, brown 4 lbs lean (93/7) ground beef in a skillet. After browning, drain meat. Add:
1 Box (32oz) Low sodium swanson beef broth
2 cans (8oz) Hunt’s no-salt tomato sauce
Float 3 Anaheim peppers, bring to boil, and then add Packet #1.
2-3 slices of diced fresh onion
4 tsp. Garlic powder
2 Tbsp Chili Powder
Cover and simmer at medium boil for 1 hour. Remove peppers, squeeze juice and set aside. Add Packet #2.
5 Tbsp Chili powder
4 tsp. Cumin
1 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
1 sodium free Beef Bullion packet
1 sodium free Chicken Bullion packet
1 tsp Brown Sugar substitute; Ideal brown sugar, etc. I used sucanat because it’s what I had on hand
2 Packets Sazon Goya
Continue boiling with lid on for 30 minutes. Then add juice from peppers and packet #3.
4 tsp Chili Powder
2 tsp Cumin
Leave covered and simmer for additional 15 minutes and serve.
It freezes and reheats well. 🙂
Cauliflower is one of the best veggies for you: rich in fiber and nutrients. AND cauliflower is a very versatile veggie; you can make “mashed potatoes”, pizza crust, use it as a flour substitute, etc. I saw a recipe a while back for cheesesticks and decided to give it a whirl.
Clean Cauliflower Cheesesticks
- 1 large head of cauliflower, or about 4 cups.
- 4 eggs (could use egg whites if you wanted)
- 2 cups of mozzarella cheese or mexican blend
- 3 tsp oregano
- 4 cloves garlic, minced ( I actually used garlic salt in place because I didn’t have cloves of garlic, I just guessed at the amount)
- salt and pepper to taste ( I omitted the salt here because I used garlic salt)
- 1 to 2 cups mozzarella cheese (save for topping at the very end)
- Preheat oven to 425 F degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut your cauliflower into florets. Add the florets to your blender and blend until cauliflower resembles a rice consistency.
- Place the cauliflower in a microwave safe container and cover with lid. Microwave for 10 minutes. Place the microwaved cauliflower in a large bowl and add the other ingredients. Mix everything together. It’ll look and smell like mashed potatoes, yum!!
- Spread using a spatula on the baking sheets and shape into a rectangular shape for the breadsticks.
- Bake the breadsticks (keep that extra cheese topping to the side for later) for about 25 minutes or until nice and golden. The crust is not soggy at all. Once golden, sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese and put back in the oven for another 5 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Slice and serve. 🙂
P.s. Use some low carb/sugar pizza sauce for dipping. I use walden farms pizza sauce, but it does get a little strong after a bit 🙂