Happy Thanksgiving Week!! Who’s ready for some time off to spend with friends and family?
Although holiday gatherings typically mean lots of meals and not-so-healthy foods, I want to share with you a recipe that has been a family favorite of ours for several decades!
I actually cleaned it up several years ago, when my brother was diagnosed with Crohn’s disease. He has to be on a special diet and avoid things like dairy, gluten and sugar. Which is actually VERY conducive for fat loss. So it now remains as a HEALTHY family favorite option at our dinner table.
I hope you enjoy it! It’s one of my all time favorite recipes!
Gluten-Free Modified Sweet Potato Casserole
- 40 oz canned sweet potatoes, drained
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup succanat, xylitol or stevia
- 1/3 cup Earth Balance buttery spread
- 2 eggs or egg white equivalent
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup oat bran or brown rice flour
- 1 cup turbinado sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup Earth Balance butter spread
- Mix well filling ingredients in a mixer
- Pour into 13×9 pan lightly coated with cooking spray
- Mix topping ingredients and crumble on top
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes.